Tooth Bonding in Burlington, MA
In today’s world of constantly evolving dental technology, patients with damaged or misshapen teeth have a variety of restorative solutions from which to choose. Dental bonding is a common restorative choice for patients seeking a way to repair teeth while enhancing their appearance.
Because we understand that each patient’s needs and expectations are unique, we encourage you to take all factors related to tooth bonding into consideration before making your final decision. As is the case with any of our other cosmetic, restorative, or general dentistry services, we are always happy to help with additional information, suggestions, and advice regarding your dental care.
Tooth Bonding Advantages
- It’s a fast one-visit application.
- Color and translucency match natural teeth quite well.
- Requires minimal preparation of remaining enamel. It is sometimes reversible by removing the bonded resin and polishing the enamel.
- Useful for restoring small defects, minor stains and discolorations and closing some spaces.
- A very conservative approach, where its use is indicated.
- Very unlikely to have tooth sensitivity or intrusion on the tooth nerve.
- Lowest initial cost for a restorative procedure.
- Very useful in creating more even teeth and most color changes.
Tooth Bonding Disadvantages
- Its relative weakness and softness (compared to enamel) may mean recurring service for repairs. It does not stand up well under strenuous use.
- May require avoiding staining substances such as coffee, tea, cigarettes, red wine and cola drinks.
- Has a short life span of three to five years, needing replacement or repair.
- Lacks some of the lifelike qualities of natural teeth or well-made porcelains.
- Unsuitable for covering large numbers of teeth (Too much maintenance).
- Increases the thickness of teeth to some degree. We highly recommend bonding to correct minor space, shape and color defects. Placed with care and skill in the right situation, bonding will produce a very satisfying restoration for both dentist and patient.
Improving Your Smile with Cosmetic Tooth Bonding
If you’d like to learn more about how tooth bonding may help you, we invite you to contact our office in Burlington, MA today to schedule your consultation. Our family-friendly, state-of-the-art office happily welcomes patients from throughout the surrounding areas as well, including Woburn, Wilmington, Lexington, Bedford, and more.