Blue Cross Blue Shield Dental Insurance
Blue Cross Blue Shield is one of the most popular providers of dental insurance for families and individuals in the United States and here in Massachusetts. If you are covered under this plan, you are eligible for significant savings on the dental services you need to smile bright for a lifetime. Our office accepts non-PPO Blue Cross Blue Shield plans. Keep reading to find out how you can benefit from your investment in oral health when you visit Dr. Richard Lewis and his team for full service family dentistry.
About Blue Cross Blue Shield
Blue Cross Blue Shield dental is a fee-for-service plan that aims to make necessary preventive and restorative dental treatments free or heavily discounted. In exchange for a fee you pay monthly (your premium), you are eligible for big savings on dental care.
Most plans work like this:
- Preventive treatments, 100% covered: Checkups and cleanings and x-rays for all patients as well as dental sealants and fluoride treatments for children.
- Basic restorative care, 80% covered: Tooth-colored fillings, gum disease treatment, simple tooth extractions
- Other restorative services, 50% covered: Dentures and partials, dental crowns, inlays/onlays, root canal therapy, surgical extractions
- A portion of orthodontic treatment
Dental insurance typically does not provide coverage for cosmetic dentistry or elective procedures.
Making the Most Out of Your Investment
Many adults fail to make the most out of their dental insurance each year, and it’s often simply because they are unaware of what they are eligible for. Once you have met your deductible, you are able to receive anywhere from $1,000 to $1,500 worth of care per year -- the dollar amount known as your annual maximum.
Some tips for making the most out of your dental insurance plan include:
- Scheduling and attending two free checkups and cleanings per year
- Working with your dental office to reach your annual maximum during years you meet your deductible
- Making sure everyone in your family who is covered under your plan receives basic preventive services each year
How We Handle Dental Insurance
Our office accepts non-PPO Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance plans. When you visit our office, we will file and follow up on all your insurance claims to make sure there are no errors in processing. We can also provide a verification of benefits to help you understand what benefits you are eligible for with your Blue Cross Blue Shield non-PPO plan. If, throughout the process, you have any questions about your coverage or how payment works, please do not hesitate to ask a member of our team.
Request a Visit Today!
Dental care should be affordable -- and that’s why you invest in dental insurance. Visiting a dentist who accepts your Blue Cross Blue Shield plan and will work with you to maximize on your investment can help you enjoy a healthy, long lasting smile. To get started, you are invited to request an appointment at our office today.